You can report the death of a loved one in one of three ways:
- Contact your family's advisor or field office
- Contact the Claims Department by e-mail
- Contact the Claims Department by calling 800-927-2547. Our hours are: Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. CST. When calling after hours, you can leave a voice message at the Claims Call Center (ext. 6304). To better serve you, please speak slowly and spell out names.
The information you should have ready at time of notice is:
- Insured's name
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Contact person's name, address and telephone number
- Certificate numbers, if available
The beneficiary will receive a claim packet that includes a cover letter listing claim requirements, a claim form and a postage-paid return envelope.
Standard claim requirements include a claim form completed by the beneficiary, a certified copy of the insured's death certificate, and the original contract (if available).